Friday, March 30, 2012

Warhammer 40K Train Bridge/Viaduct Brickwork

Hello all,
     I thought that I'd share some progress on the brickwork.  Obviously still a work in progress, but you get the point...


 A simple jig was made out of some scrap shelving bits and a piece of hardboard that was laying around.  I cut all the foam into the approximate width that I wanted and then built the forms around the pre-cut piece.  Once this was secured down, I determined the approximate width that I wanted and put a piece of the shelving stock down to act as a depth guide. 
After the jig was built, its a simple matter of sliding the foam towards the depth guide and using a VERY SHARP knife, slicing the little buggers one at a time until I have a pile of them to start gluing.  The rest is history.  When gluing the bricks, it is best to work from the center out, creating a guide line to work on both sides of.  This will keep your bricks looking straighter than if you start from the top down or vice-versa.
Coments, Questions? 
Post them here, or use the "Contact Us" link at the top and send me an email to let me know how I'm doing.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment